Sunday, May 9, 2010

Let It Ring...


It's funny how one phonecall can ruin your day and send you into a tailspin...how feelings you thought you had overcome or at least put aside for the time being,can come back and light your emotions on fire. My original plan today was to turn my phone off in order to get some peace and concentration...good idea!...turning it back on...bad idea. Sh*t. I should've just let it ring. Now I'm feeling weak because once again I've allowed someone to make me lose control of myself. Sometimes it's easier said than done to detach your emotions from the actions of people who are less willing to grow. Sometimes it's easier to lose control than it is to just...let go. I've grown alot in the past few months in terms of how I deal with certain feelings and how I react to people or situations, but today I found myself back in a familiar place that almost made me forget who I'm trying so hard NOT to be. I tried hard not to let that phonecall ruin my day and even though the entire day wasn't totally lost, I was consumed with frustration...more at myself than the other person. I was more frustrated with myself because I know better. You can't depend on another human being not to disappoint you or to think of your feelings before they think of themselves. Next time i'll just let it ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment