Saturday, May 15, 2010

I Think I'm Ready


So maybe it's time. Time that I sit down and ask myself some important questions about my life. I'm now at an age where things that never really mattered to me before seem to take over my thoughts. I'll start with relationships. I've been in some situations and have seen some other people's situations that have hardened me a little when it comes to relationships. At 30, I've lost my patience and tolerance for alot of the bullsh*t that goes on when I'm dealing with a person who isn't on the same page as I am mentally. I don't have time to figure people out and play a bunch of guessing games when it comes to certain things like feelings and emotions...sometimes I feel like I'm communicating with children instead of grown ass men. I mean, is it too much to ask for someone to just SAY how they feel?? Not text me, facebook me, tweet me or expect me to just read your mind. I find myself being tough and cold at times because I'm trying to protect myself from the devastation of a broken heart...but lately, I also find myself missing the closeness of a real relationship and having someone to confide in and really bonding and building with someone on a deeper level other than good conversation and sex. I feel that maybe I'm ready now because I've experienced some things and I've grown to understand some things about men and about myself that I had no clue about when I was in my past relationships. I realize that opening up too wide and giving too much too fast is dangerous and unhealthy for the soul. You have to make people earn a position in your life before you trust them with your feelings and expose all your insecurities to them beacause the wrong person will take them and use them to their advantage. I've also learned that a partnership is about 2 people and you have to be willing to compromise in situations where no one can win. I've learned many other things, but I think the most important thing I've learned is that I can't change anyone but myself...that I also can't expect anything in return but what I give. Yeah, I think I'm ready...we'll see though

No comments:

Post a Comment