Friday, March 26, 2010

This Is Who I Want To Be...

i want to be the kind of woman who is strong and in control of myself, my emotions, my success and a contributor to the evolvement of my culture and my gender. i want to be the kind of woman who is secure enough with myself to know that another woman's success doesn't equal my failure...the kind that can be a positive role model in the life of a young girl who needs one. i want to be the kind of woman who knows when a situation or a person isn't worth all that i have to offer...and be confident in my decision to walk away from such situations and people in order to keep the peace within myself. i want my intelligence and my character to enter the room before i'm physically present. i want to be a woman who's talents speak for themselves...i don't want people to have to wonder what makes me special, i want them to see it for themselves without the overshadowing of any negative controversy such as sex tapes and public relationships. i want to be known as a woman who is able to soldier my way through any adversity that tries to slow down or stop my progression towards greatness. i want to be a woman who refuses to allow disappointments in my past to create mental barriers in my future...i want to be a person who knows how to build a bridge and just get over sh*t so i can move forward in life. i want to be a woman who can handle constructive crticism...but not allow other people's opinions to affect my work or how i make decisions about my life. this is who i want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment