Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A New Commitment

We all have personal goals at some point in our lives, that we want to achieve. Whether physical, emotional, spiritual or otherwise...there are heights that we plan to reach. I'm at the point where I have a sometimes overzealous desire to do and be the best at everything that I attempt. Though I have no problem with challenges whether they are from others or challenges that I place upon myself, I sometimes struggle to pursue my passions and reach my ultimate goals because I hate the risk of failure that comes along with trying to reach the top. Those days are over now. I have made a commitment to myself to put aside the fears I have about not achieving whatever it is I set out to achieve and to at least give myself the chance to get as close as I can. I've started cutting out the people in my life who are unwilling to grow and started surrounding myself with people who inspire me to be my personal best....people who motivate me to discover my happiness and strengths. I've learned that we become the sum of the ones that surround us. If we surround ourselves with people who have no goals and no purpose in life, we become slack in our goals and purpose because when those times come that discourage us...those people can't lift us up and push us to keep going because they lack desire and drive in their own lives. I am creating an environment for myself that promotes growth in every area of my life because I want to live the best life...the fullest life...and the most purposeful life that I can. I will risk failure...I will risk losing some things and some people along the way...I will risk being the best at SOME things and not so good at others. The point is...I will take risks to get where it is that I'm trying to go in life and I will take those same risks to show my son how to get to where he wants to go as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment