Friday, September 10, 2010

The New Chapter

When I first thought of turning 30, I thought about all the things that I felt I was losing. My youth, my fun party-girl lifestyle...and I felt I was running out of time to reach some of the goals that I wanted to. Then I had a conversation with an older woman who laughed at my ignorance. She told me that I was missing the fact that the most important years of my life lay in front of me. She told me that along with the number (30) came a new level of sophistication and wisdom from having lived such a full and impressive young adulthood. That conversation made me realize that I WAS missing the point. I was forgetting that this is a new chapter of my life, that the adventures, failures and triumphs of my young adulthood have prepared me to do greater things in this new chapter. I now have bigger dreams and greater goals to achieve. I also realize that I now possess a strength from my past that can carry me through things I would have never thought I could get through in my twenties. I suddenly have a new appreciation for the maturity that comes along and replaces all the things that I felt I was losing when I turned 30. I've set new goals and I expect more out of life than when I had nothing to do but party.

No comments:

Post a Comment